Powered by Blogger.

Is this crazy?

Monday, May 10, 2010

I have had the same brass bed for about twenty years now. I bought it as a young adult (I think this was my first furniture purchase ever) and it is a good, quality piece made of solid brass (not brass plated).  Don't get me wrong! This bed has served me well and I certainly don't regret buying it, but...






...there just comes a time in girl's life where she needs to change things up! ... sooo - since my latest passion/obsession is anything that falls into the chinoiserie/Oriental category, I'm thinking that maybe I could fashion a super-cool headboard out of a Chinoiserie screen?  


Have you seen this or know anyone who has done it?  In my mind I love it! Here are some images of headboards that are pretty close in concept to what I have in mind
This is actually a screen mounted on the wall over an actual headboard.  Pretty close..



This is pretty close too, my heart wants something more scenic and more lacquer-y. Photo from Southern Living



This is a room divider/floor screen. I'm thinking this would somehow have to be mounted to the wall



Another room divider/floor screen.  It is about 6' tall, which is good because I live in an old house with 11' ceilings. There is also a version of this in a 36" height. The two screens immediately above from here.



This is not quite as literal, but could work really well.  This is almost free and you can find it at Home Decorators.  I love the lightness and branchiness (feel free to borrow that word).

I realize this may be a little bit over the top, and it would definitely be the star of the room where everything else would need to be understated (particularly the bedding)..
...so what do you think.  Is this crazy? 

And if it is ... is it crazy good  or just plain crazy????

Reminder - my giveaway is this Friday!  Learn about it here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment