Powered by Blogger.

Tree Trends

Friday, August 13, 2010

Over the years my husband and I have built a few new homes from the ground up and the first thing I look at when we consider a possible building site is the trees that are growing on the property.  I love a site that has mature trees to create that beautiful dappled sunlight and to provide some much needed relief from summer's oppressive heat!  I have always been drawn to the sculptural beauty of trees, particularly in the wintertime when their leaves have been shed and they make such a beautiful silhouette against the sky.


I am so happy to see any well-designed space that pays homage to trees!



I recently used this image of Cynthia Rowley's dining room as my entry in Ally's blog to " define my style in one picture!"  So clever (and lovely) how the branches in the vase mirror the trees on the wall.

This past winter we had an ice storm that damaged some of the mature trees in my neighborhood.  I collected some of bigger branches and made my own tree sculpture in my breakfast room.



And some smaller branches in my dining room




I am dying to do a project with this raised plaster stencil from Victoria Larsen.




I would love to create something like this


in my tiny breakfast nook


when I move back downtown this fall.


Hope you get inspired this weekend!


Need help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment