Powered by Blogger.

It's new to me

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My hoarding tendencies have been in overdrive lately, what with thoughts of keeping the shop stocked and making changes in my own home (which is still in the planning/dreaming stage.) So when great pieces like these present themselves, what's a girl to do?


Consignment shop score.  It's going to stay at my house for a while, then maybe head over to the shop?


Fabric detail



These Chinoiserie lamps will go to the shop


Pretty brass Greek Key detail on the base.


And another pair of Chinoiserie lamps

Better with a shade, right?  The bases are a really dull yellow and are certain to meet a can of spray paint (Emerald green?) topped with a coat of lacquer.  Keeping these for my dining room.


This will stay with me and go in my foyer.  It will be sprayed high-gloss white and be reupholstered in this?

Finally, I'm putting the finishing touches on these French twin beds (I have both) They were that lovely dull cream color that was all the rage in the 50's/60's.  I've given them a wash of gray and then a coat of liming wax.  They'll be in the shop this afternoon. (Oops.  Just realized I photographed this with the footboard upside down.)  

Any great pieces found you lately?


Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment