Powered by Blogger.

Powder Room Project: The Befores and Option #1

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Over the past few days, I've been reading about powder room makeovers on a few of my favorite blogs.  I loved Kathy's dark and decadent powder room at my Interior Life.



And Julie over at Monkey Grass Hill is planning a powder room makeover using
this removable wallpaper from Sherwin Williams.



Prepare to be underwhelmed as you view these photos of my powder room in its current state.




The paint color is Alexandria Beige by Benjamin Moore. Don't hate the color, just ready for a change. Architecturally, there are some good things to work with. The antique wall sconce is made of milk glass, and it will be staying.  I got the old crystal bar at Scott's in Atlanta years ago - it will remain in place. Oh, and that little oval mirror is going - it will be replaced with something like this..












Here's the flooring, it's marble with a pinky-beige background and veins of gray, dark purple, and even a bit of gold.


On the fence about whether this 1920's fixture will make the cut.  I have a replacement in mind, if I can get the husband to play along. If this fixture stays, those stylish  flourescent bulbs will be covered by these old iridescent shades.
The camera isn't picking it up very well, but these are gold art glass shades. They're opalescent with tones of pink, violet, green and blue - kind of a rainbow effect.

That brings us to Option 1, which is similar to what Kathy did in her powder room.  The walls will go dark - I'm thinking eggplant.


Black Raspberry by Benjamin Moore, I'd describe it as an "earthy" purple.  Then I'd like to bring in accents of green, persimmon, and brass.  Like these..


Tray from Furbish Studio


or



Glasses from West Elm

Image from Style Court.  I'd love to use this gorgeous marbelized paper as art with gold frames.



Or these brass flowers from The Zhush.


And yes, I'm a little scared.


Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be! Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment