Powered by Blogger.

Powder Room Project: Option 2

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My torment over my powder room makeover continues, and today I want to share option 2 with you.  This option is the complete opposite of what I'm considering for  option 1.  Option 2 is bright and clean, as opposed to Option 1's dark and moody feel.


Here's the inspiration.
This is a framed scrap of Brunshwig & Fils Les Touches.  My plan is to do a loose interpretation of this design for the walls using black & white paint.  The concerns here are obvious.  First, it could end up looking like a third grade art project.  Or, that many spots in a small area could give you crazy eyes.


Assuming I throw caution to the wind and move forward with the walls, here's what else I would like to do.
I saw a mirror very similar to this one at Homegoods the other day.  The Homegoods version is less ornate and the frame is solid black glass.  The Homegoods version feels more modern than the image above and has the cool factor.


Baseboards and door will be painted black.  The rest of the trim will remain white.  This will not go over well with the husband, because baseboards are "supposed to be white".  Note to self: it will be hard but helpful if I don't roll my eyes while he voices his objections.

Finally, accents of pink and gold/brass.






Table from Oomph

in gold frames I already have

Option 1:


or
Option 2

What would you choose?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com
.



No comments:

Post a Comment