Powered by Blogger.

Behold the Power of Paint!

Friday, March 4, 2011

I've had this sweet little French vanity in my shop for a few months and it just wasn't getting the attention it deserved.  It has curvy cabriole legs, original brass hardware and beveled mirror.  


So I took it home for a quick cosmetic update which started with a (very) light sanding, followed by a dry brushing of Krylon's Classic Gray mixed with a little Ivory.  The Classic Gray was a little darker than I wanted.
Next, I rubbed on a very light coat of Minwax wood stain in Dark Walnut


When that was completely dry (I waited 2 days), I rubbed on a coat of Briwax liming wax. This product adds a white wash over everything.


While all of that was happening, the brass hardware was sitting in a bowl of white vinegar.  After drying it, I rubbed with some extra-fine steel wool.

And yesterday I brought it back to the shopping looking like this
This area is poorly lit for photographs - here are some closer images (please excuse the dangling cords!)



And do you remember this mid-century bench?


It found a home in Mandi Smith's bathroom.



Go Interior Design Musings to see her bathroom makeover! Thanks, Mandi!

Happy weekend!!!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment