Powered by Blogger.

Modern Granny

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another chair makeover!  Here's the before. I picked up this armchair a few weeks ago. The ultra-traditional chair had a few things going for it - it was structurally sound and had classic lines.  I was not thrilled with the upholstery it was wearing - the texture reminded me of car upholstery.  And it's original orange-brown stain was pretty scuffed up.  



Paint (after sanding and priming) to the rescue!  High gloss white always looks so fresh, and I knew it would be the perfect choice for the fabric I was planning to use.  I got a yard of Scalamandre's China Rose from Shannon over at The Designers Attic.  



I love the old-fashioned feel of this pattern.  Big cabbage roses, Chinoiserie, and gorgeous color!  How can you go wrong?



Aren't you amazed at how paint and fabric can transform a piece that is past its prime into something so relevant to today's interiors? This Granny is hip!  

This lovely chair is going to the shop. AND I have enough of this fabric left over to  redo another armchair that will live in my foyer. 

Happy Monday!  

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment