Powered by Blogger.

Design Elements I Will Love Forever

Sunday, April 10, 2011

There's been a great deal of discussion in the blogosphere about design trends that are overused (chevron patterns, zebra print, cowhides, poufs, antlers ... and the list goes on)  Although I agree with some of them, I have to admit that several of the items on these lists are in my own home and I still love them and will continue to use them.


Rather than focus on "trends" that may be growing tired, I decided to focus today's post on classic design elements that will remain on my love list from now on...




1.  Classic architecture and molding



Jenna Lyons home featured in Domino
Ok, we've all seen this image a million times but what makes this room so memorable to me is the architectural detail. Look at the high ceilings, depth of the crown molding, the enormous doors and those baseboards!


2.  Antiques




3.  Botanical prints - I've used collections of these since the 80's and I still love them today. One is good, two or more is/are better!  


Image from Source


4.  Blue & white porcelain



5.  And finally - I will always love a beautiful floral print!



What would be on your list?

Need some help pulling your style together?  Kim Lemmon of Yessick's Design Center can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call 423.653.3186 for details.




No comments:

Post a Comment