Powered by Blogger.

Royal Wedding Inspiration - Trees in Design

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Did you get up early on Friday to see Kate and Will tie the knot?  I did - and even though getting up at that hour of the morning was tough, I'm so glad I did!  The whole production was gorgeous and moving - I know I teared up a time or two. It was truly a beautiful and happy day!  One of the things that struck me the most were those stunning potted trees that were placed in Westminster Abby for the wedding ceremony.  I thought they were just perfect -they made such an impact yet they were understated at the same time.  




Trees as muse - it makes perfect sense.  Trees are sculpture, a symbol of strength, and the inspiration for Joyce Kilmer's "Trees".

Let's explore how trees are relevant in interior design.


This room is an absolute favorite of mine.  Those trees on the walls are the art - notice how nothing else was placed on the walls?







Yes, that's a chandelier.



What do you think of this one?  The homeowner/decorator used a stencil from Victoria Larsen for the tree's silhouette and then added the gold leaves she found at a craft store.





"I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree.."  from Joyce Kilmer's  famous poem, "Trees".


Need some help pulling your style together?  Kim Lemmon at Yessick's Design Center can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call 423.653.3186 for details.
















 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment