Powered by Blogger.

Faux Distressed or Slick & Glossy?

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Folks around these parts are ga-ga over painted furniture with that "distressed" look.  It seems that the magic formula is a flat painted finish with the edges sanded and a few nicks and scratches thrown in for good measure.



I have to admit that the distressed finished is not my favorite way to reinvent a vintage piece, but I'm not above a little sanding and nicking if that is what the buyers are looking for.


In most cases, and certainly for my own home, I prefer to finish my vintage pieces in a shiny, high-gloss finish.





which I'm sure has the distressed furniture fans shaking their heads.

So, do you have a preference for how you finish a vintage furniture piece?  Or do you think it depends on the mood of the room and the style of the piece?  

Discuss.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment