Powered by Blogger.

104 Ravioli

Monday, December 12, 2011

Did you have a good weekend?  I went to my parents house in Atlanta this weekend to partake in the annual making of the Christmas ravioli.  I'm half Italian on my mother's side (her folks moved to America from Sicily right after they were married!)  Every year we make homemade ravioli to enjoy for Christmas dinner and it's quite a delicious and fun event.


We start by making our own dough.  There are about 5 different versions of the dough recipe, and this year we used some semolina flour.


My brother Greg, who inherited my Mom's "great cook" gene, is mixing the dough.  Then it is left to rest, kneaded, and rolled out on the pasta machine



The pasta sheets are then topped with this filling of meat, garlic, cheeses and a few ingredients I am not at liberty to reveal.  It's a closely guarded family recipe.  In fact, when my brother broke up with a girlfriend many years ago, the first thing my mom asked was, "Does she know the ravioli recipe?"  Luckily for her, she didn't.

 World's best mom working on a row of the world's best ravioli.

World's best ravioli all cut and sealed.

All ready to go to the freezer where they will wait for Christmas Day.

Now all we had to do was repeat 104 times and we've got enough ravioli to feed about a dozen ravioli-loving relatives.

Too bad we our computers don't have smell-o-vision.

What are your favorite holiday traditions?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment