Powered by Blogger.

Gorgeous Fabric Find and Thoughts on my Dining Room

Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's a girl to do when a gorgeous fabric finds you and you're not even on the hunt?  Last week I was at Perimeter Fabrics looking for the perfect fabric for my Billy Baldwin slipper chairs when I spotted this little number at the back of the store.



Naturally I was intrigued because I'd never seen this pattern before and the print was big and bold!


Next I looked at the selvage to see who the maker was and all I could find was this


which really didn't mean much to me, except that maybe it was a fabric that was printed in  '81?  What I did get excited about was the price tag, which read: Closeout: $4/yd.  Could this be true? I asked the store owner about it and she said "Yes, that's a closeout fabric, so it's $2/yd." Meanwhile, inside my head, this was going on:  !!!!!!!!***!#@$!

So I bought 4 yards thinking I'd cover my dining room seat cushions with them.  Over the Easter weekend, I realized that seat cushions wouldn't be the best use of this fabric.  The print is so big and bold it would be a shame not to see it in all of its enormous glory.  It needs to be covering upholstered host/hostess chairs.  



But wait, 4 yards wouldn't be enough to cover upholstered host chairs.  So first thing Monday I drove myself down there and bought the rest of the roll. At $2/yd. 



And look how perfectly it will work with my Overstock curtains!

Now, what to do with the other chairs?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment