Powered by Blogger.

Which One of These Do You Like Best?

Sunday, April 15, 2012

On March 3 of this year we had a strong thunderstorm that moved over our area and left lots of damage behind.  I was home during the storm and when the sky turned green and the wind started howling, we headed to the corner of our basement that's windowless and completely underground.  Although the tornado missed our house, we had enough hail damage to make a claim to our insurance company to replace the roof. Because of this incident, we've now focused our attention on the exterior of our house.  I had planned all along to paint the brick, but now I have to start narrowing down the color selections because I think we'll go ahead and paint the exterior when we get the roof done.  


This is where you come in.  I've put together a few colors that I'm thinking about and hoping you can help me pick a favorite.


Here's what the house looks like now.  The brick is pinkish and the shutters are burgundy. This must be changed.
You should also know that the front of the house faces north and there is little to no direct sunlight on the front of the house most of the day.  Also, with all options the trim will be painted white.


1.  With this option, the brick will be painted a chalky white (Benjamin Moore Gray Mist) with light gray shutters (Benjamin Moore Cumulus Cloud) and a light turquoise for the front door(Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue) .  I like this palette because it's light and there's not much contrast, which I think will make my little house look bigger.

2.  With this option, the grays are more greige (Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray and Briarwood) and the front door goes coral (Benjamin Moore Bird of Paradise). I like the warmer tones of the grays with this option and the unexpected shot of coral.

3. The third and final option is a somewhat darker with more contrast. The body color is a gray/blue/green (Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray) with black shutters and a yellow front door. 

So which is your favorite?  Do you have any other suggestions?  I'm all ears!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com 

"Like" us on Facebook!  Just click my Facebook tab at the top of the page!



No comments:

Post a Comment