Powered by Blogger.

Supersized Chandeliers

Monday, December 10, 2012

I've said it before here, but it bears repeating.  The right light fixture can completely transform a space.  And with light fixtures, I'm all over the map with what appeals to me.  Because of my history with historic home restoration,  I have a soft spot for antique lighting, but I like modern light fixtures too.  No matter what period they come from, I particularly like a large-scale chandelier.

Yes, this dining room by Amanda Nisbett is filled with beautiful furnishings (and curtains), but that enormous turquoise chandelier still manages to steal the show!

Didn't we all fall in love with the etageres on the counter tops in this kitchen?  Note the large scale chandelier over the rustic table.  Oversized, definitely, but it still feels right because of the simple, open design.

Oversize chandelier + lots of crystals = drama.  And PS this photo reconfirms my love for gray and lavender.

Three of my favorite things - white walls, gold accents and a big capiz shell chandelier

And this one.  So simple and yet so bold.  

So there you have it  - a beautiful light fixture can "make" a space - and bigger is better.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

Here's an easy way to follow my blog and see what's new at The Green Room Interiors - like us on Facebook!




No comments:

Post a Comment