Powered by Blogger.

Thoughts on Christmas Doors

Monday, December 3, 2012

Have you started decking your halls yet?  We're only a few days into December and I already feel behind.  I think my neighbors starting putting up their Christmas decorations right after Halloween,  yet the Dollhouse exterior is completely void of holiday embellishment!

I normally don't do a lot of holiday decorations outside, but I do like to dress up my front doors.  Here are a few options that caught my eye.





These church doors are so close in color to my own freshly painted coral front doors..  Even though the royal blue ribbon isn't a traditional holiday color, I think it still reads "Christmas".




Isn't this what the Christmas in your head looks like?  I love the placement of everything here. A wreath on each door works for me and I love the pine cone accented swag above the doors.  The only thing I would add are some small potted trees on both sides of the doors.
From Martha Stewart.  
First can we just talk about that door?  It's everything.  And I do like the whole vertically stacked wreaths they have going on with monochrome ribbon.  Side note: I've also seen lanterns filled with white Christmas tree lights and it's very cute.

Another Martha Stewart styled door.  Green and white is always so fresh.  I love the little trees in the white urns.  This entire look is a winner.

. If I'm not mistaken I think this image comes from a Pottery Barn catalog.  Here's what I like:  the big silver ornaments and the bare branch swag above the entrance.  The rest of it feels overdone to me. 

Source: bhg.com via Lindsay on Pinterest

What I love most about this image is the color of that door.  It's the perfect shade of green! And the weathered black urns with rosemary trees?- yes!  But the red floral decorations? - not so much.  They feel a little uptight to me.



Yeah, this will not be happening. 

So among other things, I have thoughts of Christmas doors on my mind today. Feel free to jump in with your suggestions.  How is your Christmas decor coming along?

Need some help pulling your style together? The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Lots more holiday inspiration over at The Green Room Interiors on Facebook.  "Like us" and you won't miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment