Powered by Blogger.

One Room Challenge Week 7 Hip! Hip! Hooray! It's Reveal Day!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Okay, not too many words.  Today is all about pictures!  I'm excited to share my finished space with you and also to see what the other ladies have cooked up.

Real quick, in case you're visiting for the first time and you don't know what's going on here, Linda from the "Calling it Home" blog has assembled a group of 20 designers/design bloggers to participate in a One Room Challenge, where all participants transform a room in 6 weeks time, sharing their progress along the way.  Got it?  Good. You came on a good day.

Here is the space I started with.  
It has the shape and charm of an empty shoe box.  There is no architectural interest to be found in this space.  The most noteworthy feature is the circa 1972 sliding glass door.  The theme of this makeover is "decorating".

The moodboard:
This is where I was headed.  I think I stayed pretty true to the original plan, which was inspired by my fabulous "Lemon Tree" fabric.


Here come a lot of pictures.  And you guys have suffered through countless crappy phone pictures so I thought you deserved something better today.

This is the view looking into my family room from the front door/foyer.  The hunt board was one of the first pieces of furniture I bought when I got married over 20 years ago, and so I've held onto it for sentimental reasons.  It's also the piece that refused to cooperate with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!

You may recall that I decided to divide my long and narrow space into two separate areas.  This is the impromptu library area that is directly behind the sofa.


This shot gives you a better perspective on how the space is laid out.

Now this shot is from the opposite end of the room, and this is the tv viewing area - and it gets a lot of tv viewing action.

I think this is my favorite shot of the entire space.  Those Mid-Century barrel chairs(I have 2 - you'll see the other one farther down the page)  belonged to my parents and I remember them being in the very first living room I have memories of. About 10 years ago I took Mom up on her offer to pass them on to me.  I had them slipcovered in  off-white denim and they've been with me in every home since.  They are the perfect scale for this long and narrow room!

Here is it's mate.  And my Kerry Steele painting is right above it!


This is looking back into the space from the kitchen.


TV Wall with thrifted lamps.  They were all yellow when I bought them a few years ago and I hand-painted the raised detail in white.  Made all the difference.

I think that's all the pictures you can handle right now.  There are lots of blogs to visit today!

A ginormous thank you to the extraordinary Linda from Calling It Home.  I appreciate the invitation she extended to me and I have to say this entire process has been the MOST fun thing I've done since I started blogging!  The other participants have been incredibly helpful, and I appreciate everyone's friendship and support.

I also have to thank talented local photographer Jaimie Smialek for making my room look so good!  You can find Jaimie's website here.

I have more pictures that highlight some of the styling that I'll be sharing over the next  few weeks too.  Stop by if you can!

Hurry on over and see the other reveals today! I'm right behind ya.


The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN. If you'd like to experience the joy of living in a well-designed home, contact Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment