Powered by Blogger.

The Business of Design - Marketing

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Did you click through to this post because you're hoping to get tips for how to market your design business?  Sorry, but I'm writing this post because I've been given an amazing opportunity to have a booth at the upcoming 2013 Home & Remodeling Expo and I'm hoping you folks might be able to help me out.

I will have a 10x10 booth that I am planning to stage in a style that reflects my aesthetic.  The centerpiece will be this Mid Century Modern dresser by Dixie.  It needs a little love, but it's solid, has great lines, and fab hardware. Done.


This original painting by Mid Century artist Tom Hayward will probably be propped on the dresser.




Also, I'm making over these chairs as we speak - (I should be stapling right now).
They're getting the white paint treatment and this new fabric. 
 One of my all time faves.

Let's see.  I'm also thinking about flanking either side of the booth entrance with these recently scored etageres.

The etageres will be decked out with a mix of brass, white porcelain and maybe a few old books for a textural mix.

So you can see I have a pretty clear direction of how I want things to look.  Now I have to figure out what to have in my booth to help me from a business standpoint.

Here's what I have on my list right now.

Business cards
Guest book to collect email addresses
Portfolio album of past projects
Winning smile and positive attitude 
Oh, and a sign.  I'm getting a sign made.  

I feel like there should be more.  Not more stuff to fill the booth, just more about me and the services I offer.  

Help a girl out. Leave me a comment below or email me with your brilliant ideas.  Tick tock, the Home and Remodeling Expo is next weekend!

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to experience the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kimberly Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment