Powered by Blogger.

Project Dollhouse Update- From a Tea Tin to a Master Bedroom

Sunday, September 18, 2011

So we're plugging away over at Project Dollhouse and I wanted to share the inspiration and some of the selections for the master bedroom.  Do you think you could be inspired to design a bedroom around a tea tin?  


This is my muse! It's a pretty tea tin I came across recently and I fell in love with the jade green and tomato red color scheme and the oriental design.  So, here is how it gets translated into a master bedroom.  

First, the paint
Spruce Green by Benjamin Moore.  This is a pretty accurate representation of the color in person.  It's more vibrant than most of the other color selections in the house.

This screen will serve as the headboard.  I blogged about this idea here.

I want to use this bedding from West Elm

with some accent pillows in these fabrics
Braemore's Flowering Branch - a favorite of mine!



And maybe a little teal and a little leopard.

I have some chunky lacquer side tables that I'll paint red, like this one above.

and some beefy brass lamps to flank the bed.




And that's as far as I got!  I'd love to know where you're finding your inspiration!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment