Powered by Blogger.

Framed Chinoiserie Panels

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In a perfect world (where money was no object) I would have at least one room in my house done up in a gorgeous Chinoiserie wallpaper - a la de Gournay or Gracie.  There is so much I love about these beauties!
I'm still in a ltr with Tory Burch's Gracie wallpapered foyer. 


I love that they're inspired by nature, often featuring branches, blossoms, and birds.


The patterns on these hand-painted papers are loose and free-flowing.  They never feel heavy handed.


And I think what I love best about them is how beautifully they straddle the line between being sophisticated and whimsical.


So, imagine my delight when I came across these 4 Chinoiserie panels at a local estate sale a few weeks ago!  No, they're not my coveted hand-painted wallpaper, but certainly a great way to bring a little sophisticated whimsy to my walls.  And, I can take 'em with me wherever I go!











Love Chinoiserie?  I have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things Chinoiserie here. Follow along, won't you?


Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kimberly Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment