Powered by Blogger.

Project Dollhouse - Kitchen Now and the Plan

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm loving my little kitchen over at Project Dollhouse!  There's a lot to like about living with less space (and stuff.)  The work area of the kitchen is laid out well, all of the surfaces are easy to maintain and cooking in there is a breeze!  

Anyway, here's a look at the kitchen as it is today.  There's plenty more to do, but it's fun to see it coming together. Don't you think the best part of designing a space is the planning?
Originally when we looked at the kitchen, I didn't think there was room for an eat-in space.  Because there's no pantry, I assumed the wall above would be used for some sort of storage solution.  To my delight, my cabinets house everything I need to store (and I even have a few empty cabinets).  So, that leaves me room for this little dining space.  This is directly opposite the stove wall.

Here's the plan:

The old wallpaper will be covered with this new wallpaper, which I already have in my possession!
I'm keeping the small dining table - it's a Salvation Army find. The gateleg design allows the legs to swing in if you want to let the sides of the table down. It's super practical and I also love the bamboo detailing on the legs. I'm keeping the existing chairs, (possibly repainting them in a yet to be determined color) and the seat cushions will be changed out to Formosa by Waverly.


For extra seating, I'm going to bring in a ceramic garden stool, in cobalt.   Saw a gorgeous one at Southeastern Salvage this weekend, similar to this one.


Since this is a "created" dining space, there's not a good source of light directly over it.  This consignment shop lamp will sit right on the dining table.  I was so lucky to find this.  The marbleized shade must be at least 20 years old and it's in perfect condition.  


I had the hubs carry the subway tile up the wall where we had removed one of the upper cabinets.  

He will(!) install some shelves to display my small but much loved blue & white porcelain collection.



All together in a quick collage


Any thoughts on paint colors for the chairs? Should I just freshen them up with more white paint?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment