Powered by Blogger.

Simple Chair Makeover with Greek Key Trim

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A few weeks ago I posted here about creating a library table in my family room at Project Dollhouse.  Would you like a little progress report? 


 First of all, I had a tablecloth made from  this fabric, which is pretty much the jumping off point for the room.  It's a pretty strong print and although I love it, I decided to use it on the tablecloth and keep the upholstered pieces more neutral.  I do love my new tablecloth but I don't love the way the needlepoint seat covers on my chairs compete with the bold print.


See what I mean? It's all just too much.  I've been looking at fabric options for my chairs when I realized I already had everything I needed to make over the chairs.  I looked through my sizable fabric stash and found this neutral cotton velvet, and as luck would have it, I had enough to recover the 2 chairs.
Side note:  Although the needlepoint seats aren't working for me now, I decided to just go over them with the velvet.  The needlepoint pattern is in perfect condition and I wanted to preserve it.
Here's the finished cushion - much more neutral but kind of boring for me.  So I added some interest with this green Greek Key tape I had purchased a while back.

Just a stripe of Greek Key trim down the center of the cushion.



Much better!  Kind of a palette cleanser for the whole area.  Now, to complete this area all I need is a yellow upholstered bench

and a spotty cowhide rug
Making any progress over at your place? I'd love to hear about it!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment