Powered by Blogger.

Paint the Front Doors Coral - Check!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I don't why I thought life would settle down a bit when school started back but in reality it's been just the opposite!  Despite the recent chaos,  we've managed to repaint our front doors here at Project Dollhouse.  When I first posed the question,  an overwhelming majority of you supported my plans to paint my front doors coral. And that's just what we did!

Wanna see?



I have to admit that after living with the charcoal color we originally painted, the brighter color was a bit of shock.  (By the way, the color we ultimately landed on was Benjamin Moore's Habanero Pepper, and its beautiful!)  Now that I've been living with the new color for a little over a week, I just LOVE it!  So much that I find myself going to the mailbox a few extra times a day just so I can bask in that coral glow on the walk back from the mailbox!  I've also rerouted all of my trips home so I can drive past the door before pulling in the driveway.  Tell me I'm not the only one who does this.  

Here's a wider shot.  It's hard to get a decent photo because of the sunny day and the shadows on the front of the house.

Wider still...

This is the original brass-tastic 1972 hardware.  Hubby wanted to put it in the trash pile but I intervened, as I will do from time to time.  It's my personal homage to the decade that gave us bell bottoms, platform shoes and disco. A fitting tribute.

Please avert your eyes from the other languishing items on the To-Do  list and celebrate what is To-Done!

Thanks for encouraging me to follow my coral door dream!  I'm so glad I took the plunge.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment