Powered by Blogger.

Charcoal or Coral on the Front Door?

Thursday, June 14, 2012

You kids were so great about offering up your opinions regarding my exterior paint selection a few weeks ago that I want to run something by you again.  Before we dive into the color selection du jour,  there's something you need to know. I didn't go with any one of the color schemes I presented on that post, but I took bits and pieces from a few and came up with something else.  If you recall, I really wanted to paint the brick white but decided against it since the neighbor's house directly to my right is white, and so is the house directly across the street.  That led me to plan "B".  I have been in love with the color of this building since it went up about 5 years ago.  
Nell's Home Furnishings has since relocated from this site to another location on Market Street in Chattanooga,  and the good folks at Nell's were kind enough to share the paint color with me.  BTW, if you're local and haven't been to Nell's, you're in for a treat!  Owner and decorator Jimmy Adams has a real flair for creating stylish and colorful interiors. 

So, on with my paint drama. The brick has been painted Benjamin Moore's Gray Wisp. 

 I love this color!  It's one of those colors you can't name in one word, and those are always the best.  It's gray, its, green, and its blue and it all depends on where you're looking from and what time of day it is.  Fun!  So, I initially painted the shutters like they are at Nell's, but the black was just too stark with my new gray roof.  The shutters got repainted and they're now charcoal (Farrell Calhoun's "Tudor House".)  In love with that!!!

Now, here's a shot of the front door, which also received a coat of Tudor House/charcoal.
Please don't judge too harshly.  Landscaping has yet to begin and we had a little communication breakdown re: the door hardware.  But that's another post.. And the burgundy threshold is a lingering reminder of the "before".  So, have I mentioned that I love the Tudor House/charcoal color with Gray Wisp?  The problem is, the front door is recessed a few feet from the front facade of the house, and it kind of disappears in the shadows.

 Who am I kidding - the problem is I want a coral door.  


See how pretty?  I die for that door!

So I went and got a paint color that looked close, I even went with a little toned down version to ease the husband into this idea.


He's not buying.  And I'm not saying I don't love the charcoal on the door, especially after that hardware malfunction is corrected.  And P.S. my Mom just called and she likes the charcoal, but suggested a gloss - which it is, but for some reason it's reading flat in the picture.  

Luckily, I have some very smart and stylish friends who have great opinions! So I'm turning it over to you - and just know I am happy with either option.  

Charcoal or coral?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment