Powered by Blogger.

Goals and Favorite Candle Sconces

Monday, January 7, 2013

Miss me?  It's been a weeks since I've posted anything on the ol' blog, but I've been keeping up with all of you and I have to say there are some lofty goals floating around out there for 2013.  You guys are inspiring!

My goals for 2013?  To be true to myself and my style. To trust my own instincts and listen to my inner voice more and not get too influenced/intimidated by what everyone else is doing.  Let's face it, there's a lot of pressure out there to create something fabulous and gray and modern what with all the amazing spaces we see each day on Pinterest - that are professionally styled, lit, photographed and edited.  So that's my own little mantra this year.

Now, on the sconces.  It started with the latest Ballard Designs catalog I got over the holidays.  Really the least attractive cover I've seen in quite a while with its neon acid green and greige color palette.  The bright spot in the catalog for me was the Loiret candle sconce.  
Isn't she a beauty?  I love that it's sculptural, classical, simple and dramatic all at the same time.

Shall we go on? These wheat sheaf candle sconces from Bellacor are a classic.
Is vintage more  your style?  

Made in Italy.  Available here.

Available here on Etsy

I adore these below.  Can you see the fish painted on the drip plates?  
See them here.

Finally, if you're interested, 1st dibs has a pair of brass candle sconces.  Very MLB.

I'm pretty sure they cost more than the one I found at Goodwill last summer, that will go in my master bathroom when it gets finished some day - which reminds me of another goal I need to work on - finishing one project before working on the next...

Feels great to be back!  Happy 2013!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Click here to view my portfolio.




No comments:

Post a Comment