Powered by Blogger.

ORC Week Five - Art Wall

Wednesday, March 6, 2013


This is week five, isn't it?   If you're visiting me for the first time, you can catch up on previous One Room Challenge posts here.

First, I have to apologize for getting my post up a little late.  At around 9:30 last night I was moved to start assembling my art wall, so I had to wait until the sun came up this morning to take some photos of it.  I'm not going to be giving a tutorial on how I did it because there aren't many directions to follow.  If you recall, I have an empty room directly behind this wall and it was the right size to create the arrangement I wanted to put up on the wall.  



I did measure the overall length and width of the arrangement to make sure it would all fit on the wall, and then I just started hanging.  I referred to the pictures I took of this arrangement and eyeballed it  to make sure I was still on track.  That's kind of the beauty of this type of installation, it's a more collected and added to look, so measuring was optional.

I started with the picture that would cover the big hole in my wall, since covering it up  was crucial.

And now, an Instagram Tour.



In the light of day, it needs some tweaking, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.  And it's always hard to the true impact of a project like this with less than stellar photography, but I will say the room feels completely different now. 

And speaking of art, I found got a frame yesterday for this little number I got in the mail from my super talented cyber buddy and artiste extraordinaire Kerry Steele.

It's waaaay more gorgeous than this iphone picture can capture.  It's not on my gallery wall, because it's getting placed somewhere special all by itself- but you can't see that yet!

Make sure you visit the other fab participants and see how they're coming along.



The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services in Chattanooga, TN.  Let me help you create a place you'll be happy to call "home"!  423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment