Powered by Blogger.

Mexican Blankets

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Last weekend I rode up to Knoxville with the hubs for the day to look at a truck that was for sale. When we stopped to gas up the car not too far out of town, my eye went to straight a colorful display that was right inside the store window.  Of course, I had to go check it out and it was exactly what I thought it was.  Mexican blankets, in some of the prettiest color combinations I've seen!  

I folded and unfolded them about a dozen times trying to make up my mind about which one(s) I wanted - it was tough because I really wanted them all.  

Ultimately I got just two - one in yellow, beige and black and the other in pink and charcoal.  The texture is fantastic and there's so many ways you can use them.  



Of course, you can always use them for the purpose they are intended - as blankets.

But I've also seen - and loved- them when used as upholstery fabric



Would you love to have this chair?


This is still one of my all time favorite spaces, and I never would have expected to see a French Bergere chair upholstered in a Mexican blanket - piped in purple no less.




I already have a job in mind for my blanket.  It's going to be doing this.



Because of this.
Don't forget to check back with me Wednesday!  My girls and I will have another update for you for the One Room Challenge!

Happy Monday!

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design services in Chattanooga, TN.  If  you would like to experience the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim at (423) 653-3186 or by email at thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment