Powered by Blogger.

Hand Painted Walls

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Are you like me and love the look of wallpaper but dread the expense/task of putting it up - and worse- one day having to remove it? Well, I've found some smart and courageous folks who have found a way around the heartache of wallpaper installation and removal. They created their own wallpaper with a little paint and a lot of talent.


Exhibit "A".  North Carolina designer Shannon Berry recreated Schumacher's "Birds and Butterflies" with a Sharpie.  And some paint.  Inspired?  The link below the photo will take you to the tutorial. 

Who could resist Patricia Shackleford's interpretation of her favorite Gracie paper in 2011?


I absolutely adore this rendition of Oh Joy!'s Petal Pusher.  

My friend Cris was inspired by the papers of de Gournay when she designed her new dining room.



And of course, the mother of all hand-painted walls that launched a bizillion blogger "swoons", Danika Herrick's recreation of Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon.

I started a little hand-painted wallpaper project of my own but it fell by the wayside about an eighth of way through because of a little "Challenge" I was participating in.  I chose a pattern that I think might be foolproof.


I'll let you know when that project is back on track.  

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to experience the joy of living in a well-designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment