Powered by Blogger.

Pleated Lampshades

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First of all, I want to congratulate you for clicking through to read this post.  You're a design geek of the highest level.

I firmly believe that it's the details that take a space from "pretty good" to extraordinary, so I tend to scrutinize rooms that I admire and make mental notes of all of the details.  One of the details on my radar right now is the use of pleated lampshades.  


Pleated lampshades were big in the 80's and 90's, but fell out of favor for the more streamlined drum shade.  Apparently someone smarter than me thought that if brass could make a big comeback, why not bring back  pleated lampshades too.


I think this is just part of a larger movement to more classic interiors, where the pretty details are layered on.

Nick Olsen in House Beautiful




Are you ready to revisit pleated lampshades?  I found a  diy tutorial here and source here.

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Consultation Services in Chattanooga, TN.  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com to find out how a well designed home can improve the quality of  your life!





No comments:

Post a Comment