Powered by Blogger.

Mirror Makeover

Friday, July 12, 2013

So in case you've been wondering what in the world I've been up to, I'll just tell you it's a lot of different stuff.  And I will be sharing more of it with you in the near future.

One of the little project-ettes I've completed is a mirror makeover for a client's nursery. If you follow The Green Room Interiors on Facebook, you may have already seen the inspiration board.



As you can see, our plan calls for a round mirror that will be placed on the wallpaper just above the crib.



Enter this little number I spotted at a local Antique Mall.  Nice, but I thought we could do better. So, after the sanding and priming, it got a coat of fresh white paint.


Better, but I still wanted to do more to bring out the stud detail of the mirror, which I think is its most interesting feature.


Familiar with Liquid Leaf?  It claims it's a one-step gold leaf finish in a bottle. And, it's only about $5 at Walmart.


I'm pretty happy with the results.  The gold is warm and soft, and I love it against the white paint. I used one of Shelby's small artists brushes to apply the paint to the studs.




This mirror is a surprise/gift that I plan to deliver to my client Friday afternoon.  I  hope she likes it! 

How is your to-do list coming?


If you enjoyed this post, why don't you follow me on Bloglovin!


The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well-designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment