Powered by Blogger.

Traditional Dining Tables with Modern Chairs

Monday, July 15, 2013

Did you have a good weekend?  I got a big chunk of painting done in Shelby's room and hope to finish it up this week.  It's been fun working with her on this project because she actually has an opinion about how she wants her room and she has some interesting ideas that could be challenging to implement.  

In other news, I still have  kitchen and dining room projects that are creeping along.  Slowly.  One thing I'm pretty sure I'd like to do in both of my eating areas is to incorporate mixed dining sets. I'm thinking I'll use traditional tables (which I already have, so that's a plus) and pairing modern chairs with them. 

Something along these lines. I love the old chandelier they used too.  Makes the whole space more interesting.



Isn't this a great style mix?  The contrast of the modern chrome chairs is so dramatic with the vintage oak pedestal table.




The space above has a more relaxed and simple vibe, but still offers a lovely mix of styles.  Again with the chandelier.  Great choice.

This traditional/modern dining mix works in reverse too.  As in mixing it up with a modern table and traditional chairs.



OR

Original source unknown

Tulip table + Klismos chairs.  I love this combination.

So what do you think?  Do you like to mix up styles in the dining room or do your prefer matched sets?

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Bloglovin'Facebook, and/or Pinterest!

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment