Powered by Blogger.

One Room Challenge Week 3 - Kitchen Table & Chairs

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

You guys.  I have to fess up.  I had many comments last week from readers who were so impressed by the amount of work I had accomplished in a week.  Full disclosure.  The changes I showed you last week were made in 2 years time.  Not so impressed now, are you?  I  wanted to show you the real beginning in the first post, which was truly where it all started. Last week's post showed the state of the kitchen at the start of the ORC. Got it?  

Now, let's talk about my dining area.  It's small.  It's basically a table pushed up against the wall because if it wasn't pushed up against the wall we wouldn't be able to open the refrigerator or the dishwasher.  And that's important.

I've had a revolving door of tables in here but I think I've finally hit on a winner.

It's this one. I don't know what its made of or how old it is but it's just what I've been looking for.  I wanted something somewhat casual and timeworn, and this table had such nice clean lines and the right amount of wear.  And it fit the space perfectly.  Finally. 

Remember back in July when I posted about my love of mixing traditional dining tables with modern chairs?


That's what I'm doing.  I thought about using these beauties I picked up a few weeks ago.

But I'm not.  These are great, and modern, but the heart wants what the heart wants.  And my heart wants these.



It's a love match!  Even my 15 year-old daughter approves (of the chairs only. She hates the table).  
Most nights there's three of us for dinner, so I plan to add a little bench to the open side of the table.  More to come on that later.


And in other news... look at the walls.  They got primed this weekend!

to prepare for my wallpaper.  

which I have yet to reveal.  Come back next week and see!!!


Let's see what everyone else has accomplished this week. Find them here:


The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to experience the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.31866 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

Follow me!              Instagram    Facebook       Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment