Powered by Blogger.

One Room Challenge Week 4 - My Kitchen Wallpaper is Up!!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

So here we are at Week 4 of the One Room Challenge, the one where I and 19 other bloggers/designers are making over a room from start to finish in 6 weeks sharing our progress along the way every Wednesday.  All of this fun is courtesy of my hero Linda from Calling It Home .  She's smart like that. Anyway, if you're just joining the series, you can get caught up on Weeks 1 - 3 here.

You may recall that I left you last week with a little tease that arrived in a cardboard box all wrapped in shiny plastic.

Curious about which pattern I chose? Take a look!

 Ha ha.  Just kidding.

Here's the pattern I chose.

Scalamandre's Tabore from here.

I put my own spin on it and had my wallpaper ladies install the paper horizontally. I don't know if it made much difference but it made me feel pretty clever. Here's how it looks on my walls. The color in real life is somewhere between the drabish olive seen above and the what you see below.  It's vibrant without being garish.  And I love it.  Truly.  It's transformed my kitchen!








But wait!  That's not all.  I also got my shelves up!  Those came from Lowe's. Right off the shelf.  They had the perfect size (17.7") to fit the tile where we removed the upper cabinet.  Happy!

Hey, outlet just hanging out there in the middle of the wall between the tile and the window. Why are you there?

So, let's all calm down for a moment and consider the other issues that need to be addressed to make this kitchen worthy of the Dollhouse.

Two issues in this photo.  1.  Lighting.  The overhead lighting does not adequately light the dining area at mealtime. That little lamp sitting on the table is a band-aid.  Obviously I need something better and cuter.  2.  That's a big blank wall that needs some interest.  I've got to figure out what to put there.  Feel free to jump in with your ideas on that.

So that's all I have for this week.  I'm feeling overwhelmed and under prepared because I need to have decisions made and in place to show you a finished kitchen 2 weeks from today.

Dang.

Don't forget to check in with the other participants and offer up your encouragement and kind words. It really does help!


No comments:

Post a Comment