Powered by Blogger.

Project Dollhouse Master Bedroom is Done (ish) - Instagram Tour

Sunday, July 29, 2012

So you probably thought this day would never come (and even though there are still some projects left to do), I think my master bedroom is finished enough for an Instagram tour.   


First, the obligatory "befores".  This is about a year ago, when we first bought Project Dollhouse.  I was not digging those Jif walls.   And the 1972 architectural details are underwhelming, mainly because there are none.  



You might remember this post, where I drew inspiration for my/our master bedroom from this tea tin.  I loved the jade color combined with pinks and reds and, of course,  the Chinoiserie style.

Here is the inspiration board, which is centered around the screen, which is now my headboard:

And here is my bedroom:

Photography by Katie Davis

The screen was a super-lucky find.  I blogged about making over the nightstands here and about the Pagoda lampshades here.  The gold bench at the end of my bed is really a pair of Mid-Century tables that were sprayed gold (they sat in my booth forever- apparently no one in Chattanooga thought they were as cool as I did).  Anyway, I just butted them together for a makeshift bench - eventually I'll get a white fur cushion made.

Instagram photo by me

Instagram photo by me
Do you remember this lamp love story? Apparently it was meant to be.  We're still together : )

Instagram photo by me


Instagram photo by me

Photography by Katie Davis
Same campaign dresser, 2 different looks.  When Katie came over to take photos, we played around with the styling.



And in the spirit of full disclosure, normally I have a tv on top of this dresser. It got zhushed up for its photo shoot.

So, for those of you who were here from the start of this project, thanks for hanging in there!  And if you're new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!

By the way, aren't these reveals nerve-wracking?  I feel like I just walked out of the dressing room with a bathing suit on.  

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.











No comments:

Post a Comment