Powered by Blogger.

Settee at the Dining Table

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to stumble across this antique settee while out and about a few weeks ago.
In my mind I placed it against the back wall of the kitchen over at the The Dollhouse and planned to use it for with my kitchen table and a few chairs.  Sadly, it didn't work out because my eating area is teensy and although it's hard to tell from the photograph, the back of the settee leans back a good bit, meaning the seat part is extended out about a foot from the wall.  What this means in real life terms is if I have the settee in there, I can't open the refrigerator or the dishwasher. It's such a shame because even though the fabric wouldn't be my first choice, it would have worked perfectly with the yellow trellis wallpaper and blue & white porcelain going on in my yet-to-be-finished/revealed kitchen.
Please forgive this sad little collage - after all, the plan didn't work out..

Even though this didn't work out for me, I love the idea of a settee as part of the mix at a dining table.
This is the just what I had in mind.  Settee against the wallpapered wall, round white table and a few chairs.  Damn.


This is also good with the arrangement floating in the room, and the round white table and chairs.  


Also great with a rectangular table and a mix of chairs.  

Settee for sale.  Sad face.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Of course you want to follow The Green Room Interiors on Facebook, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment